CSS Corp CloudBuddy Personal, our leading AWS S3 explorer, supports easy web hosting of static html pages. It is supported by Web Hosting plug-in or S3 Site hoster plug-in, developed by CSS Corp, which helps users to host the static web pages using AWS S3. Users will be able to configure CNAME using the plug-in. The CNAME needs to be configured in the DNS server with which the web site is registered. The synchronization mechanism supported by CloudBuddy Personal helps the user to synchronize the files between the local system and AWS S3 - to add / delete / update the website contents.
Steps involved in hosting a static website:
- Download and install the CSS Corp CloudBuddy Personal, if not installed in your system.
- Download the plug-in from the following link: http://s3.amazonaws.com/csslabs/cloudbuddy/cloudbuddypersonal/plugin/Websitehoster.zip
- Install the plug-in, as shown in the following link: http://m1.mycloudbuddy.com/pluginmanual/cbpluginmanager.html
- Access the “S3 Sites” which is present in the right extreme of the tool bar.
- The “S3 Website Manager” screen will be displayed, which offers the following functionality.
A unique name to identify the website records
The location of folder containing the website files
Index File Path
The home page of website, which need to be displayed on providing the URL in a browser
A location in S3, where the website records will be saved and served as web pages
Application will generate a S3 URL, on successful transfer or syncing of contents from local location to S3, which will be triggered by the Sync button
Application will generate a CloudFront Distribution URL, on successful enabling of CloudFront distribution for the S3 bucket
Refer the example provided below:
Share the generated S3 URL or the Distribution URL.
In case of any modification in the site, edit the file in local path and select the website record. Click on the sync which will automatically update the latest contents to AWS S3 i.e., only the file which got modified will be transferred rather than transferring all the files.
The list of other plug-ins available in CloudBuddy Personal are:
Allows you to configure CloudFront distribution i.e., to distribute data through a server closest to the user's geographical location
Facilitates conversion of long URL's to short and easy to remember URL's
Enables you to send/receive data via a device using AWS Import/Export service.
Helps users in sharing folders / files present in AWS S3